November is national caregiver month and a fitting time to show gratitude toward the carepartner or caregiver in our live. Being a caregiver to a person with Parkinson’s has its share of challenges and it share of rewards. For some caregivers the increased stress can increase their risk of depression and cause additional illness. Show your caregiver that you appreciate them during National Caregiver month.
- Encouraged your partner to have their own free time to pursue personal interests, hobbies and passion.
- Join a support group, include your partner and connect with others
- Communicate. Don’t forget to talk about things both good and bad.
- Organize, downsize and simplify. This might be a time to take inventory of that which complicates life, adds unnecessary work or more stress to life and get rid of it.
- Do what you can and ask for help when you need it.
- Be positive.
- Find enjoyment in life and remember to laugh.
- Be realistic. There are 24 hours in a day not 48.
- Continue your outside interests, passion or hobbies.
- Find things you both enjoy-dancing, movies, restaurants, a casual walk in nature
- Surprise your caregiver with a token of appreciation -Chocolate is a good start!
Reply to this posting and support the caregiver in your live and others by adding your own ideas to this list. to this list.